Recipe by JustJanS
A recipe I found amongst a bunch of magazines I bought at a market. What's not to like in these ingredients !
- 250 g dry rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 16 large prawns, peeled and deveined, tails left on
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 lebanese cucumber, the smallish seedless sort, also cut into matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint leaf
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon grated palm sugar or 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 red chilies, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to soak for 5 minutes (or as per directions on packet). Drain, and set aside in the same bowl.
- Heat the sesame oil in a medium frying pan over high heat until hot. Add the garlic and ginger and cook stirring often for 1 minute.
- Add the prawns and cook for 2-3 minutes tossing often until just opaque.Combine with the drained noodles and add the carrot, cucumber, coriander, mint and zest. Toss to combine.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl, pour over salad, toss well and serve.