Recipe is from finecooking.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 small chipotle seeded and minced, plus 2 Tbs. adobo sauce (from a can of chipotles en adobo)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined, rinsed, and patted dry (21 to 25 per lb.)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, more as needed
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 lb chorizo sausage, cut into 1/4-inch dice (scant 1 cup)
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch dice (2 cups)
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, sliced into strips about 1/4 inch wide and 2 to 3 inches long (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, more as needed
- 1In a measuring cup, whisk together the chicken broth, chipotle, adobo sauce, tomato paste, and brown sugar.
- 2Sprinkle the shrimp with a scant 1/4 teaspoons salt and a few generous grinds of black pepper. Put a 12-inch skillet (not nonstick) over medium-high heat for 1-1/2 minutes. Add 2 Tbs. of the oil and once it’s shimmering hot, add the shrimp in a single layer. Cook undisturbed until the shrimp browns nicely, about 2 minutes. Flip and brown the second side, about 1-1/2 minutes. Transfer to a large plate. The shrimp should still be a little undercooked.
- 3Add the remaining 2 Tbs. oil and the chorizo to the pan and cook, tossing, until it starts to brown, about 1 minute. Add the zucchini, onion, and pepper, sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoons salt, and cook, tossing often, until the zucchini browns in places and is just tender, about 4 minutes.
- 4Add the broth mixture to the skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium low. Stir in the shrimp, about half of the cilantro, and the lime juice. Cook, stirring often, until the zucchini is tender and the shrimp are opaque throughout (cut one in half to check), 2 to 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and more lime juice. Serve immediately, sprinkled with the remaining cilantro.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Seared Chipotle Shrimp With Zucchini & Chorizo
Serving Size: 1 (367 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 482.3
- Calories from Fat 311
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 223.8 mg
- Sodium 1967.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 31.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: