Spicy Seafood Stew Over Linguine
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- Fill stockpot with water and salt, and bring to a rolling boil.
- Heat oil over medium heat in large sauté pan or a 5-quart stock pot.
- Sauté onions till translucent.
- Add garlic, green pepper, chili flakes and cayenne pepper.
- Stir over medium heat for 2 minutes, deglaze with red wine.
- Reduce by 1/4 and add fresh tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, re-hydrated sun dried tomatoes and water.
- Reduce heat and simmer.
- Slice tilapia fillet in 2-inch strips.
- Add mussels, clams, prawns, squid and tilapia.
- Cover and simmer 57 minutes or until all the clams and mussels are open, and the tilapia and shrimp are opaque.
- Cook and drain linguine (or your favorite pasta will work).
- Place into a serving bowl.
- Ladle spicy tomato broth onto linguine.
- With tongs grab all the shellfish and mollusks and place on top of sauce and pasta.
- Sprinkle fresh herbs on top and serve.