Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and roughly chopped
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup red wine (semi dry; cabernet is recommended)
- 1 cup of diced fresh roma tomato
- 1 tilapia fillet
- 6 baby neck clams
- 6 mussels
- 4 prawns
- 1⁄4 lb fresh squid, sliced into ¼ to 1/2 inch rings
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup diced sun-dried tomato (re-hydrated in water and drained)
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped (if not available use regular parsley)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 lb linguine
- Fill stockpot with water and salt, and bring to a rolling boil.
- Heat oil over medium heat in large sauté pan or a 5-quart stock pot.
- Sauté onions till translucent.
- Add garlic, green pepper, chili flakes and cayenne pepper.
- Stir over medium heat for 2 minutes, deglaze with red wine.
- Reduce by 1/4 and add fresh tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, re-hydrated sun dried tomatoes and water.
- Reduce heat and simmer.
- Slice tilapia fillet in 2-inch strips.
- Add mussels, clams, prawns, squid and tilapia.
- Cover and simmer 57 minutes or until all the clams and mussels are open, and the tilapia and shrimp are opaque.
- Cook and drain linguine (or your favorite pasta will work).
- Place into a serving bowl.
- Ladle spicy tomato broth onto linguine.
- With tongs grab all the shellfish and mollusks and place on top of sauce and pasta.
- Sprinkle fresh herbs on top and serve.