Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs 45 mins
This zippy stew is very easy and quick to prepare.
Make and share this Spicy Seafood Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 lb carrot, sliced
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 (6 ounce) jars sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 1 lb uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 4-1/2 to 5 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the water, scallops and shrimp. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until scallops are opaque and shrimp turn pink.
For ease and taste this can't be beat. I was painting today and this was ideal. A terrific Fall soup that is hot and ready when you are. It's no problem at all to throw it into the crock pot to cook the potatoes and carrots and add the seafood a bit before your ready. I used Shrimp and red snapper fish and it worked very well. Made for Photo Tag, Halloween.