Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Definitely for the seafood lovers out there and a a great one to impress your friends.
Make and share this Spicy Seafood Jambalaya recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 small red capsicum, seeded and cut into 2 cm pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (425 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 500 g medium green shrimp, peeled and deveined tails intact
- 500 g mussels, scrubbed and beards removed
- 250 g fish fillets, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup coriander leaves
- sea salt
- Heat the olive oil in a large flame proof pan with a lid.
- Saute onion, bacon, capsicum and garlic for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in thyme, cayenne pepper, spice mix.
- Cook for 2 minutes then add the rice.
- Add the tomato paste, tomatoes, chicken stock and wine and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until rice is just tender and liquid has been absorbed.
- Add the shrimps, mussels, fish and cook covered for further 3 minutes until seafood is cooked through and mussels have opened.
- (Discard any that have not opened).
- Stir in the coriander, season to taste and serve immediately.
Yum! I can't think of a lot of words to describe this other than a 'seafood lovers delight'.