Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I really liked these eggs and they are only 3 points! Adapted from a recipe posted on weightwatchers.com The original recipe also included scallions and cilantro in the salsa which I didn't have.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 lime, juice of, only
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- cooking spray
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (I left some seeds for more heat)
- To prepare salsa: pour tomatoes into a sieve and set in sink, press on the tomatoes to drain off extra liquid. Spoon tomatoes in a bowl and stir in rest of the salsa ingredients (chili powder - pepper). Set aside.
- To make the eggs in a medium bowl combine next 6 ingredients (eggs - pepper). Set aside.
- In a skillet spray with Pam over medium heat.
- Add shallots and peppers and cook stirring for 3-5 minutes or until shallots are tender.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet and scramble eggs cooking until done (5 minutes).
- Serve eggs topped with salsa.
I prepared this recipe exactly as it's written (including leaving in a few seeds for spiciness). I loved the results. These eggs pack a lot of flavour for only 3 points a serving. They are also Core if you are following Weight Watchers Core Plan. Made for ZWT5.
I opted to use salsa that I had in the fridge. The eggs and whites were mixed with the spices and poured over the shallots and pepper. A touch of cheese would be wonderful.