Recipe by Heather3271
This simple-to-make dish is great for any meal. It's power packed with protein and flavor for spicy food lovers! Don't be thrown by the finished product's appearance. They are as tasty as they are UGLY!
Top Review by Captain Apollo
This is my new go-to breakfast on a weekday. I like to chop up a scallion (and sometimes a shallot too) and saute that a bit before adding the salsa. If you make this with egg beaters, it's not as awesome, but super-healthy!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup salsa (I like Frog Ranch Chipotle Salsa and Meijer's Medium Organic Salsa)
- 4 large eggs or 8 egg whites, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces light sour cream (optional)
- 2 ounces guacamole (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet over high heat.
- Add salsa and saute lightly until thickened.
- Add eggs and cheese, stirring constantly until eggs are cooked through.
- Serve immediately with sour cream and guacamole.
- NOTES: Would be yummy in a wrap or with tortilla chips!