Recipe by ellie_
These delicious eggs are only 2 points if using egg beaters -- if using regular eggs they will be more points but still fairly low in points. I used 1/2 container of egg beaters along with some egg yolks I needed to use up. Recipe source: Hit the Spot (Weight Watchers cook book)
Top Review by COOKGIRl
First I switched canola oil to olive oil. Used farm fresh eggs from a local source.
I would suggest cooking the eggs less time than indicated. I cooked them for about
a total of 1 1/2 minutes, raising the pan above the heat, lowering, raising, all the time
stirring the eggs so they're soft and fluffy. The cilantro was left uncooked and used as a garnish.
Be careful how much cayenne you use as the first egg I made the cayenne overpowered the other flavors. An interesting combination of flavors. Delicious on grilled pugliese. Reviewed for Veg Tag/April.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 (16 ounce) container fat free egg substitute (egg beaters)
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium heat heat the oil.
- Stir in scallions and ginger, cook stirring for 2 minutes or until scallions are softened.
- Stir in spices (cumin - cayenne) and cook stirring another minute or so.
- Stir in eggbeaters and cook stirring for 2 more minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and cilantro and cook stirring for another 2 minutes or until eggs are done.