Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These delicious eggs are only 2 points if using egg beaters -- if using regular eggs they will be more points but still fairly low in points. I used 1/2 container of egg beaters along with some egg yolks I needed to use up. Recipe source: Hit the Spot (Weight Watchers cook book)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 (16 ounce) container fat free egg substitute (egg beaters)
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro, chopped
- In a large skillet over medium heat heat the oil.
- Stir in scallions and ginger, cook stirring for 2 minutes or until scallions are softened.
- Stir in spices (cumin - cayenne) and cook stirring another minute or so.
- Stir in eggbeaters and cook stirring for 2 more minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and cilantro and cook stirring for another 2 minutes or until eggs are done.
First I switched canola oil to olive oil. Used farm fresh eggs from a local source.
I would suggest cooking the eggs less time than indicated. I cooked them for about
a total of 1 1/2 minutes, raising the pan above the heat, lowering, raising, all the time
stirring the eggs so they're soft and fluffy. The cilantro was left uncooked and used as a garnish.
Be careful how much cayenne you use as the first egg I made the cayenne overpowered the other flavors. An interesting combination of flavors. Delicious on grilled pugliese. Reviewed for Veg Tag/April.
I made these last night and they were quite yummy. I forgot that I recently had a run in with bad eggs and so I don't really enjoy them at all anymore, so I was a little nervous about this recipe. But I tried it anyway and I am glad I did! The accompanying ingredients masks the eggy flavor enough that I was very able to enjoy them! I did not have egg beaters on hand so I used 4 egg whites and that worked fine. I also used green chiles instead of the bell pepper (I don't like bell pepper). And I did not use the tomato since I really don't like tomatoes! I know it sounds like I really altered this -- but I did not set out to do so! And they turned out so well and I am so happy I can (sometimes) eat eggs again! I also made them to accompany Recipe #361495 Breakfast for Dinner! Thanks!!! [Made for Newest Zaar]