Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from my Eat Well, Stay Well cookbook. I need to make this one for Doug…
- 1 lb scallops
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 carrots, cut into 1/4 inch matchsticks
- 8 ounces snow peas, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 3 scallions, cut into 2 inch lengths
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Dredge the scallops in 2 tablespoons of the cornstarch, shaking off the excess.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of the oil over moderately high heat.
- Add the scallops and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Transfer scallops to a plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil to the skillet along with the vegetables, ginger and garlic.
- Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk the broth, red pepper flakes and salt into the remaining 1 teaspoon of cornstarch.
- Pour into the skillet, bring to a boil, and boil for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, return the scallops to the pan and cook until just heated through. Serve hot.