Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
From Food & Wine
- 1 lb sea scallops, quartered if large
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 small dried chipotle chile, with seeds,stemmed and chopped
- fine sea salt
- 1⁄2 lb capellini
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- In a large shallow glass or ceramic baking dish, toss the scallops with the oil, wine, parsley, garlic and chipotle.
- Season with salt and bake for about 15 minutes, or until the oil is sizzling and the scallops are firm.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the capellini until just al dente, about 3 minutes.
- Drain; transfer to a serving bowl.
- Add the scallops and their juices, toss well and serve immediately.
We like spicy foods and sometimes it is hard to give scallops some zip. This recipe does a great job at that. It is a nice balance with the pasta.
A fantastic recipe..everything was right about it! The type of pasta, the amount of heat..it was all there but not overpowering. When I served it I added some more chopped parsley and drizzled 2 tablespoons of cream over the pasta..thanks for this keeper!
I think this is the best scallop-pasta recipe I've ever tried. It's simple, yet so flavorful. The capellini is just the right size and texture to go with delicate scallops, and the chipotle and garlic give it a kick without overpowering the scallops. This is very nice for a work night, too -- doesn't take too much time. Thanks!