1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Chef mariajane's Note:
This is a wonderful side dish to have with the Easter ham that you will be serving -
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons . butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 cups wrm milk
- 1 cup havarti cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 l.b round red potatoes or 2 round round white potatoes or 2 round yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeno pepper, slices drained (optional)
- 1In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; add flour and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Whisk in milk and cook, whisking constantly, for 3-5 minute or until beginning to boil and thicken. Remove from heat and whisk in cheese, salt, oregano, cumin and pepper until smooth; set aside.
- 2Peel and thinly slice potatoes. Arrange one-third of the slices into greased 8-inch baking dish. Spread with half of the salsa.
- 3Repeat layers once and layer remaining potato slices on top. Pour cheese sauce over top and around sides to cover evenly and reach bottom of dish.
- 4Sprinkle with pickled jalapeno peppers, if using.
- 5Cover with foil or lid and bake in a 375F oven for 1 hour.
- 6Uncover and bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned and potatoes are tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Scalloped Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.1
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 529.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: