Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Go wild and use different meat instead of fish or different lettuces.
- 8 small scallops
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 egg white
- salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 ounces Chinese celery, chopped
- 8 water chestnuts, chopped
- 4 ounces bamboo shoots, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 inch gingerroot, minced
- 2 scallions, sliced fine
- 16 butter lettuce leaves
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chili bean sauce, to serve
- Blanch scallops in boiling water for 10 minutes. Remove and place in ice bath.
- Marinate scallops with 2 tsp cornstrch, egg white, and salt andpepper; set aside 30 minutes.
- Mix together soy, remaining cornstrach, and 1 tsp water.
- Heat oil; cook vegetables 2-3 minutes.
- Add scallops and cook 1 minute before adding sauce mixture; stir till thickens.
- Place the scallop mixture in a lettuce leaf with bean sauce. Eat and enjoy.