1/2 Photos of Spicy & Savory Sweet Honeydew Melon
24 hrs 20 mins
Baby Kato's Note:
Mummmm, I had this at my neighbors bbq. It was excellent. I begged for the recipe until she gave it up. It's so simple, I'm sharing it with all of you. Hope you will enjoy it as much as we do. Please note cooking time is chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small pot boil water and sugar, once boiling, add the basil stems, chili and lemon zest and remove from heat.
- 2All the syrup to cool to room temperature.
- 3Then you can refrigerate the simple syrup for anywhere 15 minutes or up to 24 hours. The longer it sits the more flavor you will get.
- 4Remove the basil stems from the syrup and discard.
- 5In a large bowl toss the melon with the chilled syrup.
- 6Add the remaining salt, the white pepper if using and the basil leaves, toss gently .
- 7Drizzle with olive oil and serve.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy & Savory Sweet Honeydew Melon
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.8
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 344.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 31.1 g
- Protein 1.3 g