Recipe by cpkmb3
I love sausage gravy and recipes I've found were way too bland so I made my own per my tastes. Life just wouldn't be worth living without onions to me so of course I had to put them in. Also love spicey food. Hope you enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 16 ounces roll pork sausage
- 1 large onion, diced small
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 gallon milk
- 3 tablespoons red pepper sauce
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Add butter in 3 qt pot and melt, add diced onions and sausage. Saute onion and sausage mixture while breaking up with a fork on medium heat.
- When onions are near translucent and sausage is cooked through add garlic, red pepper flakes and worchestershire sauce.
- When onions are done add milk and red pepper sauce.
- Mix corn starch with 1/3 cup milk or cold water until disolved. While stirring slowly add by drizzle the corn starch mixture. Bring up to boil while stirring to thicken. Turn heat to low and allow flavors to deepen.
- Ready to eat when you are.