Recipe by Chef Remy #186273
I found this recipe on eastvillagekitchen.com and made it with my wife. It came out so good I had to add to my cookbook. If you like Fra Diavolo you'll love this! The version we just made was a little too spicy - I might try cutting down on the red pepper next time - but it was still really delicious. Great over pasta, or on its own as an appetizer (double the serving count for appetizer).
- 1 lb squid
- 3 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped (or more to taste)
- 1 bunch Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Give the squid a good rinse after you cut them into 1/2 inch rings. Be sure to drain out the rinse water in a strainer.
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a wok or shallow saute pan.
- Add chopped garlic to the oil and cook until the garlic begins to become translucent or browns up a little.
- Add the calamari.
- Add tomato paste, red pepper, salt, pepper,
- Saute on medium heat for 8 minutes.
- Add a handful of italian parsley.
- Saute on medium heat for 2 more minutes.
- Serve with some additional parsley over pasta.