Chef Remy #186273's Note:
I found this recipe on eastvillagekitchen.com and made it with my wife. It came out so good I had to add to my cookbook. If you like Fra Diavolo you'll love this! The version we just made was a little too spicy - I might try cutting down on the red pepper next time - but it was still really delicious. Great over pasta, or on its own as an appetizer (double the serving count for appetizer).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Give the squid a good rinse after you cut them into 1/2 inch rings. Be sure to drain out the rinse water in a strainer.
- 2Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a wok or shallow saute pan.
- 3Add chopped garlic to the oil and cook until the garlic begins to become translucent or browns up a little.
- 4Add the calamari.
- 5Add tomato paste, red pepper, salt, pepper,
- 6Saute on medium heat for 8 minutes.
- 7Add a handful of italian parsley.
- 8Saute on medium heat for 2 more minutes.
- 9Serve with some additional parsley over pasta.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Sauteed Calamari over Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.1
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 264.2 mg
- Sodium 178.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 18.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: