Prep 3 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is one of our favorite springtime side dishes, great served with grilled pork or chicken. We like it especially spicy hot, but you can adjust the heat level by adding or deleting some of the pepper flakes and pepper sauce. Leftovers re-heat well in the microwave.
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 -3 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 16 ounces mostaccioli pasta, cooked and drained
- In a large non-stick skillet, saute garlic, red pepper and hot pepper sauce in oil for 2 to 3 minutes, watching closely so that garlic and peppers do not burn.
- Add asparagus and pepper and saute until asparagus is crisp-tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Pour over hot pasta and toss to coat.
- Top with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.