1/1 Photo of Spicy Sausage Vodka Cream Sauce
1 hr 30 mins
~la petite chef~'s Note:
If you love chunky home-made sauces and sausage then THIS is for you!! I love making this one and placing it in the Crock-pot for the last simmer time, an hour makes it really thick.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper (opt. for hotness)
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 7 -12 ounces hot Italian sausage (your preference of chunkiness)
- salt and pepper
- 1Bring large pot of salted water to a boil, add pasta and cook al dente.
- 2In large skillet, heat oil over moderate heat. Remove casting from sausage and add to skillet. Cook breaking up the meat, until brown. Drain if necessary.
- 3Add onions, garlic and red & chili pepper to and cook, stirring until garlic and onion are golden brown.
- 4Add tomatoes and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minute (cook longer to thicken).
- 5Add vodka and cream and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, simmer 30 more minute
- 6Top plate of penne with cream sauce and add fresh parsley!
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Sausage Vodka Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 629.9
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 46.0 mg
- Sodium 586.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.3 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 14.9 g