Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe can be healthy or not depending on how you want to make it but it is unbelievable. You can easily vary the amounts of crushed red and cayenne for heat, or I like a lot of parm cheese in mine.
- olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb hot Italian turkey sausage
- 1 small onion
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (9 ounce) packagedried tortellini
- cracked black pepper
- 10 ounces fresh spinach, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- cayenne pepper (I used this but I wanted it more spicy)
- In a soup pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Crumble in sausage and add onion cook until no longer pink.
- Add the garlic and cook about 2 minutes longer.
- Add broth and tomatoes, turn heat up to high, and bring to a boil.
- Add the tortellini and cook according to package instructions.
- When tortellini is almost done, add spinach, I also added salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, cayenne, and also about ½ cup of parmesan cheese.
- Cook until the spinach is cooked.
- I put more parm cheese on top but that’s just me.