Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A spicy little sandwich treat.
- 20 refrigerated canned buttermilk biscuits (2 cans)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage, cut into 4 equal pieces
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 8 ounces pizza sauce
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Separate each can of dough into 10 biscuit.
- Place 5 biscuits on edge and lightly press together.
- Shape ends to form a loaf.
- Repeat with remaining biscuits to form four rolls.
- Dip rolls in melted butter.
- Then in cheese.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 17 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly.
- While rolls are baking, place sausage and water in a 10-inch frying pan.
- Cover and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Drain and fry sausage 4 to 5 minutes or until browned.
- Slice rolls in half lengthwise.
- Spread with softened butter.
- Place 1 piece of sausage on each roll.
- Drain all but 2 tablespoons of drippings.
- Add pepper and onion and cook until tender. Add pizza sauce.
- Heat to boiling.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of the sauce on each roll.
- Serve warm.