Recipe by Denise in da Kitchen
I found this one in Taste of Home. It makes a terrific side dish, but served with cornbread and a salad it's also a good main dish. (Prep time is approximate)
- 1 lb mild pork sausage
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely minced
- 1 (6 1/4 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook sausage, cumin and garlic powder, stirring often; drain.
- Add onions and green peppers; saute until crisp-tender.
- Dissolve bouillon in water; add to skillet.
- Stir in jalapenos, rice and rice seasoning packet; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered 5- 10 minutes or until the water is absorbed.