Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great dip that I always get requests for...took it to work (hospital) and it disappeared before lunchtime. The difference is the fresh vegetables and cheese mix. Try it, you won't be disappointed. Freezes well also.
- 1 lb hot breakfast sausage
- 3 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 2 -3 fresh jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 2 lbs Velveeta cheese
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese
- Fry sausage and drain.
- Combine tomatoes, onion and pepper together and sauté.
- Cube cheeses, add to vegetables and slowly melt cheese over low heat (can be done in crock pot).
- Mix in sausage and heat to serving temperature.
I loved this dip. I used quesadilla cheese instead of the cheddar and monterey jack. Very creamy and spicy. I thought it would be too much for the boys but they loved it. I can't tell you how this would freeze because we had NONE left. Thanks for a great recipe. Made for PAC 2008.