Recipe by Tammy G.
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. I love a quick and tasty one pot meal for a busy weeknight dinner. Using turkey sausage is a healthier option. A great meal in 30 minutes!
- 1 lb sweet Italian turkey sausage, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 (20 ounce) Simply Potatoes Steakhouse Seasoned Diced Potatoes
- 8 cups fresh kale, washed & copped
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 6 quart pot put the Kale, onion & can of tomatoes.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes on medium heat.
- Put cooked Kale mixture aside in a bowl.
- Add cut up sausage to the same pot and cook on medium high heat until the sausage is brown on all sides.
- Add the bag of Simply Potatoes to the sausage. Stir together, cover and cook for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the Kale, tomato and onion mixture into the pot with the sausage and potatoes. Cook an additional 5 minutes on medium heat.