Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Made this for New Year's football watchin'. Very popular with my family and guests.
Make and share this Spicy Sausage Pizza Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 2⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, cut up
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pitted ripe olives (optional)
- breaded mozzarella cheese sticks
- tortilla chips
- Cook the sausage, onion, and garlic in a large non-stick skillet until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender; stir to crumble sausage as you cook; drain mixture well.
- Add sausage mixture to a 4-quart slow-cooker.
- Add in the next 7 ingredients; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5-6 hours.
- Add in olives; stir.
- Serve with breadsticks, fried breaded mozzarella cheese sticks, or tortilla chips as dippers.