1/2 Photos of Spicy Sausage Pasta Casserole
This is another clean the fridge recipe - it sounded weird as I was making it but it was so tasty that I decided to post the recipe. It is an easy canned soup recipe. I like spicy so I used a hot, smoked Portuguese linguica sausage and lots of jalapeños. Use 2 fresh, finely chopped jalapeños in lieu of the canned that I put in the recipe. I actually used Mama Africa's Pickled Jalapeños. For me this recipe is medium hot, so add or take away some of the peppers to suit your taste. I used macaroni but noodles, penne or any pasta will do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place 1/4 of the soup on the bottom of an oven proof dish large enough to hold 4 cups of pasta.
- 2Distribute the sausage pieces evenly on the soup layer.
- 3Mix the remaining soup with the pasta.
- 4Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Pour pasta over the sausage.
- 6Place whole tomatoes decoratively on top.
- 7Add jalapeño peppers between the tomatoes.
- 8Sprinkle on the parmesan.
- 9Cover and bake in 350°F oven for 30 minutes.
- 10Uncover and bake for a further 10 minutes to allow slight browning.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Sausage Pasta Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (568 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.8
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 26.6 mg
- Sodium 2371.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.8 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 15.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: