Recipe by Bergy
This is another clean the fridge recipe - it sounded weird as I was making it but it was so tasty that I decided to post the recipe. It is an easy canned soup recipe. I like spicy so I used a hot, smoked Portuguese linguica sausage and lots of jalapeños. Use 2 fresh, finely chopped jalapeños in lieu of the canned that I put in the recipe. I actually used Mama Africa's Pickled Jalapeños. For me this recipe is medium hot, so add or take away some of the peppers to suit your taste. I used macaroni but noodles, penne or any pasta will do.
- 4 cups cooked pasta
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 8 ounces linguica sausage, cut into bite size pieces or 8 ounces other spicy smoked sausage
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 6 canned jalapeno peppers, cut in half
- 5 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 1/4 of the soup on the bottom of an oven proof dish large enough to hold 4 cups of pasta.
- Distribute the sausage pieces evenly on the soup layer.
- Mix the remaining soup with the pasta.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour pasta over the sausage.
- Place whole tomatoes decoratively on top.
- Add jalapeño peppers between the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle on the parmesan.
- Cover and bake in 350°F oven for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for a further 10 minutes to allow slight browning.