Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 lb nacho chip
- 4 ounces medium cheddar, shredded
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 3 green onions
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup pickled jalapeno peppers or 1⁄4 cup banana pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Remove sausage casing and discard.
- Fry sausage meat in a pan over medium heat until cooked through and crumbles (approximately 10 minutes), remove meat from pan; cool.
- Spread half of the nacho chips on a large oven proof platter, sprinkle half the cheese evenly over the chips, followed by half of the warm sausage meat.
- Place platter in a 400°F pre-heated oven for approximately 3-4 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Add the remaining chips, cheese and warm sausage meat on top of the first layer.
- Bake until cheese is completely melted and chips are slightly browned on the edges, remove from oven.
- Sprinkle tomatoes, green onions, olives and jalapeno or banana pepper slices on top of nachos.
- If desired, spoon sour cream on top of natchos or serve on the side.