Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A delicious make-ahead breakfast. Cooking time does not include refrigeration time.
Make and share this Spicy Sausage, Mushroom, and Swiss Breakfast Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb spicy sausage (Jimmy Dean)
- 2 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 6 cups French bread, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Brown sausage in a skillet. Drain fat and set aside. Saute onions and mushrooms in butter until onion is tender. Mix in browned sausage.
- Place bread in a 9x13 pan. Layer sausage mixture then cheese over the bread.
- Mix eggs, milk, sourcream, salt and pepper.
- Pour evenly over cheese. Cover and refrigerate 6-24 hours.
- In the morning bake uncovered for 50-60 minutes at 325* or until lighly browned and egg is set.
This was good. It was pretty bready, and there wasn't enough meat, so I may double the meat next time. It's similar to a recipe my mom makes that I always liked. Good stuff!
Good stuff however next time I think I'll use a lb 1/2 of sausage 1 just wasn't quite enough for me. Very good though :)
Great Breakfast Casserole from akgrown