Recipe by Grannydragon
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com I think you will find this very like the soup served at Carrabba's Restaurant. It is exceptional, indeed.
Top Review by Mint Chocolate Chick
Extremely salty (1700+ mg of sodium!) and somewhat oily, even though I left out the added salt and used 1 tablespoon olive oil. Next time I'll brown and drain the sausage first, use less ham and chicken broth, and add more water.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 177.44 ml carrot, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 453.59 g Italian sausage, spicy hot and in bulk
- 1656.13 ml water
- 1182.95 ml chicken broth
- 453.59 g lentils, rinsed and picked over
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 29.58 ml cider vinegar
- 14.79 ml fresh basil, minced
- 14.79 ml fresh parsley, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 7.39 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- 2.46 ml dried thyme
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml dried red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in large soup pot. Add onion, carrot, garlic, and sausage to the pot, Saute for 8 minutes, stirring often. Break up the sausage into small bits as it cooks.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 1 hour.