Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Pepperoni or chorizo sausages are good in this recipe. I found it on the back of a lasagna box. If you use chorizo, you want the raw pork sausage, not the variety that is more like a deli meat.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 150 g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 (400 g) cans chopped tomatoes
- 250 g spicy sausage, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 9 sheets oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 1 (500 g) jar white sauce
- 50 g cheddar cheese, grated
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
- Heat the olive oil and sauté the onion until transparent.
- Add the mushrooms and tomatoes.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the sausage and seasoning to taste.
- Pour a third of the tomato sauce into the base of an ovenproof dish.
- Cover with sheets of lasagna, being careful not to overlap the sheets.
- Repeat the layers twice more, finishing with the lasagna sheets.
- Pour over the white sauce and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.