Courtesy of Everyday With Rachael Ray.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 lb spicy bulk sausage, Italian
- 3/4 lb andouille sausage, cut on an angle into 1-inch lengths
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into thirds
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans cannellini beans
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 5 -6 sprigs sage, leaves cut into thin strips and stems discarded
- 1/2 baguette
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 3 -4 sprigs thyme, leaves chopped and stems discarded
- 1In a Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- 2Crumble in the Italian sausage and brown lightly, about 3 minutes.
- 3Add the andouille and cook until crisp on the edges, 2-3 minutes.
- 4Drain sausages on a paper-towel-lined plate.
- 5Season the chicken lightly with salt and pepper.
- 6Add to the pot and cook, turning once, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes on each side.
- 7Add the onion, celery, carrots and bay leaf, season with salt and pepper and cook until softened, 7-8 minutes.
- 8Add the wine and simmer until nearly dry, about 5 minutes.
- 9Return the sausages to the pot, add the cannellini beans, chicken broth and sage and cook until heated through.
- 10Preheat the broiler.
- 11Using a food processor, coarsely chop the baguette.
- 12Toss bread with the melted butter, parsley and thyme; season with salt and pepper.
- 13Scatter the bread over the sausage and chicken and broil until browned, 2-3 minutes.
- 14Serve from the pot, discarding the bay leaf.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Sausage, Chicken and Bean Pot
Serving Size: 1 (994 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1637.0
- Calories from Fat 598
- Total Fat 66.5 g
- Saturated Fat 22.1 g
- Cholesterol 296.4 mg
- Sodium 2801.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 140.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.2 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 106.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: