Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This is a great breakfast/brunch recipe that is very easy to throw together.
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 4 cups o'brien frozen potatoes, with onion & bell peppers, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (9 ounce) box frozen asparagus cuts, thaw
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8 inch square (2 qt.) glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In 8 inch skillet cook sausage over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until no longer pink; drain.
- In baking dish, layer half of the thawed potatoes, half of the the monterey jack cheese, the sausage, asparagus, remaining potatoes and cheese.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs and milk until well blended. Pour evenly over potato mixture.
- Cover tightly with foil; bake 1 hour. Uncover dish; sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake uncovered 15-20 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.