Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Quick and easy meal.
- 1 (16 ounce) box rotini pasta
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage, crumbled
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄4 cup diced shallot (1 or 2 shallots)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink.
- Remove from pan; drain.
- Wipe skillet clean.
- Saute peppers and shallots in same skillet in 2 tablespoons hot oil over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, and sausage; cook 3 minutes or until tomatoes are tender and mixture thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat; add cooked pasta to tomato mixture and toss.
- Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
- For spicier flavor, sprinkle with 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper.