Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
A healthy and delicious soup. I like mine spicy but you could adjust it to your taste. Great for freezing and eating during the week. Enjoy!
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 1 diced yellow pepper
- 1 diced red pepper
- 30 -40 ounces chicken broth (if you like it thicker or thinner)
- 1 diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces diced turkey kielbasa
- 15 -30 ounces drained black beans (I only use 1 can but the recipe says 2)
- 1⁄2 cup hot salsa (I get the fresh kind in the Deli)
- chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- Saute onion in olive oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sausage and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add yellow and red pepper, saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 30 oz of chicken broth and bring to boil.
- Add tomato, beans, and salsa. Reduce heat to low. Add more chicken broth if you like it less chunky.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes or until veggies are soft. Top with cilantro and serve!
This soup was very enjoyable and also very quick and easy to make. I used only red pepper, as that's what I had on hand, and omitted the cilantro. Next time I will be sure to use the cilantro. I would probably also add some pasta, but on the whole this soup was very good.