Recipe by MrsKnox2016
A tiny bit of my Portugese heritage all jacked up with American ingredients. When we were kids, my Dad would gather us kids around and we would share a bowl of this nutty goodness, even though it grossed my Mom out. Now I eat this thinking of Dad, all while grossing my DH out!!
- 6 ounces sardines
- 2 -4 tablespoons mayonnaise (or miracle whip, start with 2 tbs and test for desired consistency)
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Open and drain liquid from sardines. Place in bowl and mash with the back of a fork.
- Add mayo, mustard and hot sauce and combine well.
- Serve immediately with crackers.
- **If your grocery store has them, purchase sardines canned in hot sauce to save yourself a step. Just add the mayo and mustard and serve!
- **Per a review, I realized that the mayo/miracle whip may be a bit high for everyone's preferences. I typed it in as a range to better meet so since it's more a matter of your taste in consistency.