Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
- 3 lbs tomatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped (about 7 cs.)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped green bell peppers
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Combine ingredients in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium.
- Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 1 1/4 hours.
- Refrigerate in a covered container up to 2 months, or ladle into canning jars and process.