Recipe by 808chic
This is an incredible recipe. The cilantro gives this an amazing flavor. If you've seen my postings before you'll know that I do not measure my ingredients... but I can give you approximates!
- 1 (15 ounce) cancontadina Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro
- 1 green tomato
- 1⁄2 tomatoes
- 1 tomatillo (small green tomato wrapped in what feels like a sticky leaf)
- 1 tablespoon chopped white onion
- 1⁄8 cup chopped jalapeno
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the canned tomato in a mixing bowl.
- Dice the tomatoes& tomatillo and add to bowl.
- Break the cilantro into pieces to release it's full flavor.
- Measure about an 1/8 cup of jalapenos, then chop (this will not measure 1/8 cup once they are chopped).
- Mix all ingredients.
- Let this sit overnight before serving so the flavors may blend.
- The longer it sits, the spicier it will become so keep this in mind for when you plan to eat it.
- Add a small amount of diced onion before serving.
- (I do not let the onion sit overnight because as you know, onions have a strong flavor.) Do not be fooled--if you taste this before letting it sit, the true spice may be decieving causing you to add more jalapenos.
- You will then end up with a salsa that is too hot to eat!
- If you like extra spicy salsa you may add more chopped jalapenos only after allowing this to sit atleast overnight.
- (I've used anywhere from 1/8-1/4 cup).
- >>Thisis a chunky salsa.
- For a change you can puree all ingredients in a blender or food processor.