Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
"I love making this Salmon, its quick, easy and super yummy! If your husband/boyfriend is a picky eater like mine he will love this recipe."
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons of minced onions
- In a small bowl combine the ground pepper, paprika, cayenne, minced garlic, Dijon mustard, brown sugar, onion powder, salt and 1 tablespoon of Olive oil. Stir all ingredients together until it forms a paste.
- Pat the paste on both sides of your Salmon fillets and let it marinate at room temperature for 30 mins to a 1 hour.
- In a small pan heat the meaning olive oil and add the minced onion on medium heat and sauté until golden.
- Heat a non stick pan on medium to high temperature and add your salmon fillets and cook 4 minutes per each side.
- Transfer to a serving dish and pour the oil and sautéed onions on top of your salmon fillets.
This was absolutely wonderful. It had a sweet, savory and spicy thing going on all at the same time. I'll be making this again.
My daughter made this for us last night and it was fabulous! She followed the recipe exactly. It was spicy, tasty, and the caramilized onions were a great taste surprise. We definitely will make this one again. Thanks!!