1/1 Photo of Spicy Salmon Salad
Beautiful BC's Note:
This is a great recipe for when a light flavourful meal is what you want. It's quick & easy enough for weekday meals and nice enough for company. It's a recipe I adapted from one found in the Costco Connection by Karen MacNeil.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 kg boneless salmon fillets
- 2 teaspoons powdered ginger
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 5 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 -3 drops mike's hot sauce
- 8 cups mixed baby greens
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped plain peanuts (optional) or 1/4 cup pine nuts (optional)
- 1With a sharp knife, cut the salmon filet into 8 equal strips. Pat dry with paper towel and lay in a large glass rectangular baking dish.
- 2In a small bowl combine ginger, garlic powder & cayenne pepper. Stir to mix. Add soy sauce, hot sauce and sesame oil. Mix well.
- 3Brush all the sauce onto each side of each strip of salmon. Cover with plastic wrap and leave in fridge for 30 minutes.
- 4Heat oven to 375°F Remove plastic wrap and recover with tinfoil. Cook salmon for 30 minutes or until opaque and flakes with fork.
- 5Right before salmon is done, slice cherry tomatoes in half and mix in large bowl with salad greens.
- 6Toss all vinaigrette ingredients in a jar and shake well. **You can use more olive oil if you like.
- 7Drizzle small amounts of vinaigrette over salad and toss well until satisfied with covering. Set aside remaining dressing.
- 8Divide salad among 4 plates and top each serving with 2 strips of salmon. Drizzle with a little bit of remaining vinaigrette just before serving.
- 9Serve with an 8 or 12 grain baguette and a nice Pinot Grigio.
- 10Note: this salad is also nice topped with chopped plain peanuts or pine nuts.
- 11** Preparation time does not include marinating time.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Salmon Salad
Serving Size: 1 (538 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 774.3
- Calories from Fat 423
- Total Fat 47.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 195.0 mg
- Sodium 1670.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 78.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed baby greens