Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Just found this in Table Mag Oct 2005 issue. Always looking to incorporate tinned salmon into recipes for health reasons. These look unusual and very tasty. Serve with lemon wedges and an Indian style chutney.
- 4 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 210 g canned red salmon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry paste (Sharwoods)
- 1 tablespoon coriander, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup plain flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender. Drain and return to pan. Heat on low to dry out and then mash well.
- Flake salmon.
- Mix in potatoes, onion, curry paste and coriander.
- Season to taste.
- Shape into 8 cakes.
- Dip each cake into flour, then egg then breadcrumbs. Chill.
- Heat oil in large fry pan and cook cakes on each side until golden brown.
- I am sure you can also cook in an oven - spray with oil and bake at 200°C for 20 minutes turning halfway.