Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Oil & vinegar base with a kick. Goes well on almost any variety of green salad.
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil leaves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon leaf oregano, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme, crushed
- 2 serrano peppers, minced
- Blend all ingredients thoroughly.
This was the best salad dressing I've tried. It was very easy to put together and tasted great! I also added a little salt and substituted some red pepper flakes for the serranos. Thanks for the recipe!
This was truly oustanding. My husband and I try to eat a large salad for dinner once a week to take a break from all the meat. We appreciate a good dressing and this was incredibly good. I would suggest adding about a teaspoon of salt, as it really pulls the flavors together, and let it chill overnight for the ingredients to really mingle. Thank You Millie.
I needed a different dressing, something new. This was great, perfect for Cobb Salad.