Rub from Etta's restaurant in Seattle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fire up the grill.
- 2To make the spice rub, combine the brown sugar, paprika, salt, pepper, and thyme in a small bowl.
- 3Rub both sides of the salmon fillets with all of the spice mixture.
- 4Brush the grill and fish with oil.
- 5Grill over direct heat, covered, with the vents open.
- 6When the salmon is marked by the grill, flip the fish and finish cooking.
- 7It will require a total grilling time of around 10 minutes, depending on the heat of the grill.
- 8The sugar in the spice rub can burn easily, so watch it closely.
- 9A step ahead: The spice rub can be made a couple days ahead and stored, tightly covered, at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Rub for Grilled Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.9
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 102.1 mg
- Sodium 716.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 39.5 g