Recipe by Tracy K
A somewhat unusual treatment for sweet potatoes, this savory and spicy sweet potato dish goes well with just about any roasted or grilled meat. Don't be bound by the herbs listed in the ingredients, feel free to substitute if you're using other herbs in your main dish.
Top Review by locknane
I omitted the pepper flakes and used thyme, not rosemary and these are so delicious, but definitely have some heat, so if you like things a bit more mild, adjust the spice accordingly.
- 5 -6 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1 inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1 -2 tablespoon thyme
- 1 medium onion, roughly diced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place diced potatoes and onions in large bowl, toss with olive oil to coat.
- Add all other ingredients, toss to coat.
- Pour into buttered casserole dish.
- Roast in oven for 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are tender and edges are browned and caramelized.
- Adjust spiciness/seasonings to taste.
- Stir gently halfway through cooking time or as needed.