Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Packed full of flavor and beautiful presentation. Times do not allow for marinating time.
- 1 (3 -4 lb) salmon
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds, roasted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, seeded, diced small
- Cut diagonal slashes about 4" long, 1 1/2" apart and 1/2" deep on each side of the salmon fillet.
- In a food processor, process smooth the cilantro, parsley, mint, jalapenos, ginger root, garlic, lemon juice, vegetable oil, cumin seeds and salt. Fold in the tomato. Stuff this paste into the slits of the fish. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1-4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Transfer the salmon to a lightly oiled baking pan. Measure the thickest part of the salmon and allow 10 minutes per inch of thickness cooking time or cook until fish flakes easily with a fork. If the fillet is extra thin on the ends, fold them under so the ends don't dry out.