Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This delicious spicy hummus recipe makes 3 times the amount of one 10oz container you buy from the grocery store...for a third of the price!
- 2 (850.48 g) can garbanzo beans, drained & rinsed
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 29.58 ml tahini
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 canned jalapeno slices
- 14.79 ml jalapeno juice
- 89.90 ml lemon juice
- 28.39 ml water
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- 7.39 ml cayenne pepper
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 3.69 ml dried oregano
- 4.92 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- Roast Red Pepper (I broil mine in the oven for about 20 minutes) and then seal in a large gallon sized zipper bag for an additional 15 minutes. Remove skin & seeds.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together black pepper, cayenne pepper, cumin, oregano and red pepper flakes.
- Blend garbanzo beans, olive oil, tahini, jalapenos, garlic and all liquids in a food processor or high powered blender.
- Add remaining ingredients, including the roasted red pepper and bowl of dry seasonings.
- Blend until smooth and desired consistency.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight to allow the flavors to meld.
- Stir well before serving.
- Serve with sliced red bell peppers, cauliflower, cucumbers, crackers and/or pita chips! Enjoy!
Delicious, could not stop eating this very flavorful hummus, I have made many versions and different flavors, but this is so far the best. The roasted red peppers add the perfect flavor to accompany the spicy, spices. I will make this regularly. Thanks for sharing your receipe.
Delicious! I blended it using a hand held immersion blender. Better than store bought.
This is the best hummus I have had. The flavor of the roast red pepper gives a great flavor to the hummus right away. The longer you refrigerate it the better it gets as well. I make this recipe the day my previous batch runs out so I can enjoy this every day. Thanks for posting.