1/2 Photos of Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
This delicious spicy hummus recipe makes 3 times the amount of one 10oz container you buy from the grocery store...for a third of the price!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (850.48 g) can garbanzo beans, drained & rinsed
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 29.58 ml tahini
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 canned jalapeno slices
- 14.79 ml jalapeno juice
- 89.90 ml lemon juice
- 28.39 ml water
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- 7.39 ml cayenne pepper
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 3.69 ml dried oregano
- 4.92 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 1Roast Red Pepper (I broil mine in the oven for about 20 minutes) and then seal in a large gallon sized zipper bag for an additional 15 minutes. Remove skin & seeds.
- 2Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together black pepper, cayenne pepper, cumin, oregano and red pepper flakes.
- 3Blend garbanzo beans, olive oil, tahini, jalapenos, garlic and all liquids in a food processor or high powered blender.
- 4Add remaining ingredients, including the roasted red pepper and bowl of dry seasonings.
- 5Blend until smooth and desired consistency.
- 6Cover and refrigerate overnight to allow the flavors to meld.
- 7Stir well before serving.
- 8Serve with sliced red bell peppers, cauliflower, cucumbers, crackers and/or pita chips! Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 50.5
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 85.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
canned jalapeno slices