Recipe by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
Modified from dallasnews.com's recipe by Tina Danze, published: August 10, 2011. NOTE: Recently I saw a tip on America's Test Kitchen (or Cook's Country) to use frozen okra (thawed and blotted dry) in recipes, because decent fresh okra is hard to find in grocery stores!
Top Review by breezermom
So excellent! I've never roasted okra, and was very interested in trying this recipe. My okra turned out very tender and flavorful, although they didn't look like they had as much seasoning on them as your photo. I used fresh okra from a community garden, so it was just perfect. I was very happy I picked this unique recipe, one that I'll make again. Thanks for sharing! Made for Rookie tag game.
- 12 ounces small okra (whole ~ if using frozen okra, allow it to thaw, then blot dry)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 lemon wedges (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss the okra with olive oil to coat.
- In a small bowl combine coriander, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper and salt.
- Toss okra with spiced salt mixture.
- Spread okra on a rimmed baking sheet and roast for 12 to 15 minutes, or until tender, turning once.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges (squeeze over each serving)!
- Makes four servings.