1/1 Photo of Spicy Roasted Okra
Modified from dallasnews.com's recipe by Tina Danze, published: August 10, 2011. NOTE: Recently I saw a tip on America's Test Kitchen (or Cook's Country) to use frozen okra (thawed and blotted dry) in recipes, because decent fresh okra is hard to find in grocery stores!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Toss the okra with olive oil to coat.
- 3In a small bowl combine coriander, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper and salt.
- 4Toss okra with spiced salt mixture.
- 5Spread okra on a rimmed baking sheet and roast for 12 to 15 minutes, or until tender, turning once.
- 6Serve immediately with lemon wedges (squeeze over each serving)!
- 7Makes four servings.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Roasted Okra
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 75.1
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 298.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 1.8 g