Recipe by Reggie's Mom
This is my adaptation of a delicious appetizer from a local restaurant (I eat it as my main course!) This is easy to make and very delicious. You could have them as a main course or serve as an appetizer at a party. Serve them with bottled creole dijon sauce (in Canada I found this sauce which is made by Renees, although you could use any of your favourite dipping sauces) **Note: the measurements for the ingredients is approximate, depending on how many wraps you are making.
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red onion
- 376 ml sweet corn relish
- 1 head garlic
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 lb egg roll wrap
- 3 -4 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the top off the head of garlic, drizzle a little olive oil on top, wrap in foil and roast in the oven at 275 degrees for approximately 45 minutes.
- Cut up chicken breasts in quite small pieces (in order to fit easily in the wrapper). Season with salt/pepper and brown in frying pan with a little olive oil.
- Chop up red onion and saute in olive oil until soft and carmalized.
- To assemble rolls. Following instructions on the egg roll wrapper package, place a portion of the cooked chicken, some of the roasted garlic, some sweet corn relish, some sauted onion and some cheese on the wrapper. Roll up according to directions on the package.
- Fry in the heated oil for approximately 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Cut in half and serve with dipping sauce.