Recipe by JanetB-KY
Posting this for ZWT 2006, this takes the common chickpea and makes it into a spicy snack food.
Top Review by KPD
Dee-lishious!!! I LOVED these! Made recipe exactly as written except for the oven temp. I was roasting broccoli at 450 degrees so I roasted the chicke peas at that temp for 15 minutes and they were perfect!! Will make time and again. Thanks for the awesome keeper, Janet!!
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4-1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lime, wedged
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse chickpeas in colander; drain well, shaking to remove as much water as possible.
- Combine chickpeas, olive oil, salt and pepper in baking pan large enough to hold chickpeas in a single layer.
- Bake 15 minutes or until chickpeas begin to brown, shaking pan twice to brown evenly.
- Add chili powder and cayenne to taste; bake an additional 5 minutes or until dark golden-red.
- Serve with lime wedges.