Recipe by Bev. E.
I found this recipe in a magazine from the health food store. It is very easy to prepare and tastes great.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into 1/4 inch wedges
- 8 garlic cloves, halved
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 lb spinach leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees, In a large skillet, heat 1T.
- oil and saute onion and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Stir in cauliflower florets.
- Add cumin, red pepper, black pepper, salt and remaining oil, stir to coat well.
- Transfer mixture to a roasting pan (reserve skillet for cooking greens) and bake at 450 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender.
- About 5 minutes before cauliflower is done, reheat skillet over medium-high heat.
- Wash spinach and add to skillet with water clinging to the leaves.
- Cover and remove from heat.
- Toss cooked cauliflower with spinach and serve hot.