1/12 Photos of Spicy Roast Pumpkin
1 hr 5 mins
French Tart's Note:
A brilliant way to cook fresh pumpkin; oven roasted with olive oil, cumin & black pepper - this makes a lovely Autumn vegetable side dish AND also freezes well too. I ALWAYS make my pumpkin soup from this roasted pumpkin, it gives it a richer & deeper flavour that you don't often get with tinned or boiled pumpkin. I add cumin powder OR seeds, but this recipe works well with other herbs and spices too - the choice is yours!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 200 C or 400°F.
- 2Quarter and then carefully peel and seed the pumpkin.
- 3Cut into chunky 2" cubes.
- 4Place pumpkin into a large & sturdy roasting tray.
- 5Add the olive oil, salt, pepper & cumin - mix well, making sure that all the pumpkin pieces are coated in olive oil.
- 6Bake in the oven for about 30 to 45 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft & also tinged brown at the edges.
- 7Serve with a main meal as the vegetable dish OR freeze for future savoury pumpkin recipes. I also make soup from this - as well as pasta dishes too - recipes to be posted for those!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Roast Pumpkin
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.1
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 294.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 2.4 g